Would you brush your teeth with Laundry Detergent? How about Engine Coolant? Or even better, Shampoo?
Well I know you would not willingly or knowingly do so, at least if you cared about your health. Trouble is most people do this on a daily basis, two-three times a day, 365 times a year and do not even understand what they are ingesting! After you read on and see what is in the most popular toothpaste on the market your jaw will be wide open….and not because your ready to brush your teeth!
So I probably have your attention if your still reading this, let me just jump right into the facts. Your ingesting the following ingredients, either by ingestion through swallowing or ingestion through absorption of your sensitive oral tissues, 730 (brushing teeth 2 per day 365 days) exposures per year.
1. Sodium Laurel Sulfate – surfactants, Agent to create foaming. Has been associated with cancer, due to dioxide contamination.
2. Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate – According to the CDC this is a hazardous chemical and if swallowed is considered a medical emergency.
3. Sodium Flouride – Insecticide!
4. Sodium Hydroxide – Rated as “Highly Toxic” by the EPA
6. Triclosan – A registered Pesticide! Possible Carcinogen and registered for its “Acute Toxicity”
7. Propylene Glycol – Used as engine coolant, also used in foods to keep them moist!
7. and Many more
So question for you. If you now understand how not only toothpaste but also other personal care products could be dangerous for you and your family, would you want to know about a safe alternative?
We recommend always doing your homework, being an educated consumer. We use Thieves Toothpaste. It contains no toxic chemicals, no GMO products, and uses natural essential oils in the toothpaste for its antibacterial, antiviral, antiplaque fighting abilities. Our family loves it and if we swallow it….We do not have to call poison control!
Resources: http://www.colgatecommercial.com/%5CColgateSite%5Cmedia%5CMSDS%5CColgate%20GRF.pdf, http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npg/, http://ingredientpal.com/colgate-total-toothpaste-ingredients-list, http://www.pesticideinfo.org/,