This can look like:
- breathing exercises + prayer
- creating peaceful, non-rushed routines
- asking for help when you feel burdened with too much to do
- Whatever you know you need to do to reduce stress- do it!
2. Cut out seed oils (omega-6s) and replace with fruit oils + healthy fats (omega-3s)
Fried, processed, and packaged foods usually have lots of inflammatory omega-6 seed oils like:
- sunflower oil
- Soybean oil
- Canola/rapeseed oil
- Safflower oil
Swap these out for anti-inflammatory omega-3 rich oils and fats like:
- avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm fruit oil
- Grass fed butter or ghee
3. Eat more naturally colorful foods - colorful fruits + veggies contain loads of antioxidants, nutrients, and phytonutrients which fight inflammation, disease, infection, and more. Think of your plate as a canvas and the foods you eat your art- make it colorful!
4. Balance blood sugar - eating simple carbs and sugar like bread, pasta, rice, and sweets alone or in excess can cause blood sugar spikes in your glucose levels which leads to inflammation, diabetes, and hormone imbalance to name a few. You don’t have to cut them all out necessarily, but focus on eating the veggies (fiber) first on your plate.
This creates a “net”in your digestion that catches the carbs/sugar (glucose) and slows down their release of glucose in your blood stream - meaning a stable blood sugar! Alternatively drinking 1 tbs of vinegar diluted in a cup of water before eating also reduces blood sugar spikes.
Follow @hope_leilani_ for more health, blood sugar, and whole body wellness tips!